School Record Requests
Generally, schools within the Archdiocese of New York maintain their own records. To obtain a transcript or other school information, please contact the school directly. For an incomplete list of the location of closed high school records, please click here.
The Archives of the Archdiocese of New York maintains the records for Sacred Heart Elementary School, Mount Vernon; St. Catherine of Siena School, Manhattan; Old St. Patrick’s Cathedral Elementary School, Manhattan (closed 2010); St. Pius V Elementary School, Bronx (closed 2008); and St. Pius V High School, Bronx (closed 2011). For any other record, please contact the school directly.
How to Request a High School Transcript
NOTE: The Archives only has records for St. Pius V High School, Bronx. For any other high school transcript contact the Office of the Superintendent of Schools for the Archdiocese of New York.
If you have any questions about requesting a transcript, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only the person whose name is on the record can request a transcript. If the student is under the age of 16, a parent or guardian can request the record.
In order to request a transcript, the person should fill out the High School Transcript Request Form and return it to the Archives with identification and the appropriate fee. All requests must be sent via mail. The mailing address is:
Archives of the Archdiocese of New York
201 Seminary Avenue
Yonkers, NY 10704
School Record Requests Policy
- Requests must be made using the Archives Transcript Request Form, which should be mailed. No in-person or faxed requests will be accepted.
- Please know that it takes Archives staff up to 48 hours to process the request after it has been received in the mail. All efforts will be made to mail out the transcript as soon as possible, but please allow at least one week for turn-around, given your location and the postal system.
- Transcripts will be sent through the mail. They can not be emailed or faxed.
- No information will be given out over the phone.
- Official transcripts can only be sent to: educational institutions, employers, and authorized investigative agencies. Official transcripts are stamped with a seal, and are provided in a sealed envelope. They are accompanied with a letter of authenticity.
- Only Unofficial transcripts of their own transcript can be provided to (former) students and / or guardians. Unofficial transcripts are not stamped with a seal. They are marked “Issued to Student.”
- The Archives can only provide transcripts from the schools whose records it holds. Any other transcript request must be directed to the school or institution who holds the other records.